Want to become Gymnastics coach?
Become an apprentice and discover the joy of coaching
Becoming an apprentice
You will be assisting the Head Coach and Lead Coaches in delivering the club’s programme in regular sessions within the community and local School, whilst working towards a Level 2 NVQ Activity Leadership (Coaching) Apprenticeship.
The Main tasks you will be doing are:
- Under the direction of the coach, work with a small group of participants to help them achieve the aims of the session, whether it be practising skills or playing a game.
- Take on an organising/supervisory role at the beginning and end of the session and during breaks.
- Ensure that you are well briefed about any special needs of the participants involved i.e. levels of fitness, significant medical conditions, physical impairments or disabilities.
- In liaison with the Head Coach ensure that the training area is safe to use. If there are any hazards that cannot be overcome, point these out to the participants before you start the session.
- Identify, if required and in line with club procedures, additional volunteers to assist in the running of the club activities e.g. parents.
- Abide by the Code of Conduct and adhere to all club policies; child protection, fair play and equal opportunities to all members.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that the equipment is correct and is kept in good working order.
- Be aware of and follow the procedures for recording accidents.
- Be aware of the clubs Health & Safety policy and Emergency Procedures andtake their own responsibility for any Health & Safety issues.
- Ensure that there is an accessible, wellstocked first aid kit at the venue and atelephone nearby.
- To attend meetings as follows:i. Junior club committee ii. Coachesiii. Social & competitive events
What skills are you looking for?
- Ability to motivate participants and communicate effectively with them
- Sound organisational skills
- Good time management skills
- Prepared to make a regular time commitment
- Good level of literacy and numeracy
- Must be computer literate
- To be able to work well as part of a team and also to use own initiative whenrequired
- To be reasonably fit and active as it’s a hands-on role
Do I need to have a DBS?
We will provide you with a DBS as part of your apprenticeship
Will you provide a British Gymnastics Membership?
With your apprenticeship, we will provide you with a British Gymnastics Bronze membership
How provides the apprenticeship?
The Humber Sports Partnership Ltd will be responsible for all education, training and mentoring delivered during the Apprenticeship programme.